For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.

Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.

Q: Can I as a Civilian buy Body Armor

A: YES except in 2 States where they have requirements for buying Body Armor.

Body Armor Laws in the US

We all have a right to protect ourselves and our families. As such, we have a legal right to acquire and wear body armor for personal and professional protection. In turn, it is also legal to sell bulletproof vests and other types of body armor to anyone in the US.

It is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain whether he is legally able to purchase and use body armor. This responsibility does not fall on the shoulders of the retailer.

It is perfectly safe and legal for retailers to sell bulletproof vests to the general public. People who purchase bulletproof vests and other types of body armor are upstanding citizens who simply wish to protect themselves, their employees and their families from harm.

Convicted felons surrender their right to own body armor. The US has a federal ban on the possession of body armor by convicted felons (18 U.S.C. 931). Felons can only purchase bulletproof vests if their employer requires it and they get written permission to do so. Still, it is the responsibility of the felon to refrain from buying body armor. Only he can be prosecuted if he makes an illegal purchase. Retailers are not liable for what happens to body armor after it is sold.

Where you can sell body armor:
1. You can sell body armor to any person in a face-to-face transaction. No ID or background check is required and no special record keeping is needed.
2. You can ship body armor to 49 states. Sales to customers in Connecticut can only be done via face-to-face transaction.
3. You can sell body armor via a store, gun show, website, via the phone or catalog.

Where you cannot sell body armor:
1. You cannot sell body armor to Connecticut via the mail.
2. You cannot ship, take, bring, or send body armor outside the USA without Federal permission.